Preliminary Goals for the Project
- To write my own network discovery protocol if none exists
- To research other tools on the market and see if I can improve upon their designs + implementations.
- To be able to measure network statistics such as bandwidth
- To be able to measure the latency between messages
- To be able to thoroughly test and validate any of the tests that I am doing on the network
- Have a tool that has been evaluated by a number of users and has passed their approval. They will be evaluating the tool based on ease of use, the correctness of the data provided back by the tool and the tools ability to run across a number of different systems.